Addison and Ty

Addison and Ty

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sick of being sick VM

So after we made it back from the Braves weekend I made it to work on Monday and on Tuesday-but on Tuesday I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had. So I left work picked up Addison and headed to the Prime Urgent Care-I told Addison that I did not feel good. She told me that she didn't feel good either. So I told her that Mommy needed to go to the Doctor-then she said "Mommy I feel good" haha. I told her to tell the Doctor that she felt fine & no worries she did just that and even got a sucker. My Mom came up there to take care of Addison. The doc gave me 2 shots and said not to drive home and your headache should be gone. Wellllllllll all night and the next morning my head got worse. So Bryan took me to my doctor the following day and I laid on the table with a washcloth over my head-lights off and in extreme pain. I had pressure in my ears, a massive migraine and blurred vision due to the headache. My temp was 100.3 and she told me there was nothing she could give me for the pain and she thinks it could be Meningitus. So off to the ER we went. I was NOT a happy camper at this point-I very much dislike the ER. So with flashers on off we went-got to Baptist ER and I had to put a mask on then answer questions-then the tears came and I just wanted to go home. They were very quick with all the procedures I had lots of blood drawn-CT Scan on my head which came back clear-then I guess I was the lucky one that day I good the BRAND SPANKIN NEW Doctor that day who tried to give me a Spinal Tab & IT DID NOT WORK!!!!!!!! Crapola on him. Although he was nice that was about it. So this little spunky dude from another country comes in and says Your my Best Patient today!! And off he went got it the 1st time. 3 vials of spinal fluid and I was good to go. I layed flat for an hour and my back was big time hurting. I finally got to eat since I had not eaten since lunch on Tues. Baked potatoe and a frosty was all I wanted. Mom and Kelly and Bryan were all with me. Dad got to keep Addison. So the tests came back and it was positive I have Viral Meningitus-much much better than bacterial meningiuts but still a long ways to go and a lot of pain. So I have laid in a quiet room-no lights-no noise from Wed when I got in from the ER until Monday. Wowza that is a long time. Today I hope to get good results from my doctor visit and be able to go back to work and everything go back to normal. They said there is nothing they can do for VM it justs has to get out of your system. So I have drake water by the truck loads! My appetite is still very small and my back is in a bit of pain from laying down that many days and the whole 8 needles in my back thing. But my family has been awesome! Mom and Dad have had Addison since we found out and Kelly even took her swimming over the weekend. I miss Addison so much and this is the longest time I've ever been away from her. So big hats off to my parents for taking that task of caring for Addison-although I am not sure if she will be wanting to come home or not. So please keep praying that this virus will work out of my system. If someone you know has this-the best thing to give them is a quiet room, magazines, and dinners that they can heat up. Kelly W-thank you for taking the time to get all my goodies!! And my Moms 2 friends for making us homemade cookies, spaghetti, chicken bake and all sorts of good stuff. My Mom gave us Roast and MacNCheese and it was fabulous. Tammi provided dinner for us one night as well. Thank you all for your support and prayers-I hope I never have to go through this again or anyone we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment