Addison and Ty

Addison and Ty

Friday, July 27, 2012

Monday-Thursday

Monday I went in for a doctors apt with my nurse practitioner. Still having major headaches and looking for a cure all was what I was going for. My nurse practitioner was pretty sure that my headaches were caused by one of the 2 spinal taps that I had received last Wed in the ER. So on Tuesday I could see the light at the end of the tunnel with a blood patch in sight. I got all surgery ready with blood being drawn left and right and surgery-aka blood patch right around the corner. Mom and Bryan went with me for support and help. I got all ready & they wheeled me down to the surgery area-the anethesiologist asked me when I had my last epidural? Which I said nope haven't had one in 3 years and I went into the story of having the spinal tabs and still having bad headaches. So she knew right off that I was still having headaches from the viral meningitus and not from the spinal taps-she said there is no way that you should have a blood patch with having VM. You would be taking possibly infected blood and introducing it to your spinal collumn which could make you have all the symptoms again. VERY SMART foreign lady. (Seriously these foreign people are worth their weight in gold-spinal tap & anethesiologist=foreign!) Americans about did me in! So tears and all they wheeled me back up the elevator and I got dressed-finally had Wendy's then back home to get through my headache. Wednesday I returned to a normal certified Doctor that said "well that would have been dumb"-to the idea of even having a blood patch. Lesson Learned-will go see only certified doctors from now on. So Wed & Thurs I got increasingly better-and now I am happy so say I am NORMAL and feeling much much better-a little slower but feel a huge sigh of relief. I even got to go back to work today! I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited to go back to work. Yesterday I also got to pick up Addison from daycare and deliver end of the year packages to her teachers. Addison gave me a huge 2 1/2 year old-Mommy I missed you hug and didn't let go. Even yesterday evening at home she was hugging me and telling me how much she missed me and loves me. Just melt my heart! She wanted to take a bath with all of her toys and me getting to dry her hair about made me cry. Just the little things you miss about normal life now seem so big. I love being a Mommy and I have missed it so much these past 2 weeks. Thank you all for your prayers & sweet cards-dinners-icecream-texts-emails & letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment