Addison and Ty

Addison and Ty

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What 30 means to me

What 30 means to me.............
It means that I no longer can dress like I'm 18
It means that gravity is working against me
It means 9:45 is bedtime not the time to take a shower and go out (wow how things change)
It means I am still young enough to be a cool Mom-I don't plan on not being a cool Mom
It means I had to copy the girl in the Walgreens aisle to know what to wear today
It means that all my life I have tried to make my hair as straight as possible-this morning it is naturally curly
I am not going to let 30 slow me down. I am going to plow right through and enjoy this time as a Wife-Mom and as an adult who understands life.
I am no longer going to care if the carpet is stained or the clothes are not washed-I am going to have people over anyway (secretly they don't care-they just care that they were invited)
I am going to enjoy my kiddo as a toddler-this is not the terrible 2's-but rather a time for her to learn so much and ask a million questions on the way to school-it is a beautiful time. Just like that song says "Your gonna miss this"-I think about that everytime I start stressing and hurrying through life. I am not going to work myself to death over my job-WHY you may ask...Well because I've seen people still get fired for working 7a.m.-9p.m. and it didn't get them any farther. Not going to waste my life working. Don't get me wrong I do thank God every night that I have a job and that we can pay the bills. I am not going to waste my brain power on wondering why people don't want to be a part of my life or my kids life-the people that really care are in my life already and they come around because they want to be a part of our life. I am going to live my life and not worry-God will take care of us. I love this time in my life-I am going to take more vacations and live life-these will be the best years ever!

1 comment:

  1. I love this and I love you!!! This post is exactly what I have been thinking for about the past 6 months. I am trying to live more simply and enjoy life so much more!! There is no reason not to enjoy all the blessings we have been given!!!

    ReplyDelete