Addison and Ty

Addison and Ty

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kimmy

Last week my Mom and Dad had to put down my poodle of 17 years. I got her when I was 13 years old. My Dad appraised a house that had white poodle puppies right around Christmas time. The owners showed up on the doorstep with this little white ball of fur-Mom and Dad said-Heather the doors for you...I could not believe my eyes. They had actually gotten me a dog-my very own! I asked for one all the time. That Christmas we took her all bundled up to Mawmaw and Pawpaws for her very 1st Christmas.Kimmy was by my side every day-she even rode in the front of my backpack while I rollerbladed. This dog/bestfriend knew everything about me-every secret-every boyfriend-through middle school, high school, getting married and she even got to be tourted by my very own daughter. 17 years-I am just amazed that she made it that long considering she was my dog. Mom and Dad would not let her come live with me because they said that I could not provide her with the same lifestyle as she had there. Although-after I had Addison I stayed with Mom and Dad and sure enough Kimmy was in the bed with me all day while I caught up on my sleep-she never left my side. Sweet dog-never hurt a fly. I love you Kimmy and I will think of you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment