Addison and Ty

Addison and Ty

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Family Circle Mag Share

I want to share part of an article that I read yesterday~I am all about holding on to things that were given to me as a gift or that were expensive. Example: I held on to a white sweater that my Mom bought me 12 years ago! And why did I hold on to it........Because 12 years ago I remember her paying a lot for the sweater because it went perfect with the Khaki dress I was wearing to an outside wedding! So although it no longer fit-I felt guilty evertime I thought about giving it to someone else that could use it. So silly. But here is the article:
Ditch The Dress?
You hope to fit into that dress again......well, maybe someday. But before deciding to keep it, ask yourself these 3 important questions:
-Did it ever fit well?
-Is it still in style?
-Can you think of an occasion to wear it?
Save only the clothes that meet those criteria-but don't store in your closet. Put them in a box and label it with the date. If you come across it a year later and haven't changed sizes, it's time to let the stuff go.
Here is the other part that I liked:
"If you haven't used something in a year, throw it out. Don't feel bad if it's a gift someone gave you." An item only has a value only if you benefit from it; otherwise it's clutter. "If you haven't used it in a year, name a specific occasion when you will need it, or get rid of it." And don't feel bad about tossing old gifts. "The love came from the person who gave you the gift, not from the actual sweater or gadget. You've received and enjoyed the kind thoughts, so let the object go."

So on that note..........I will be cleaning out my closet if anyone needs me

No comments:

Post a Comment