Addison and Ty

Addison and Ty

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Being A Mom

I recently got back from a weekend of just the girls in Nashville for my cousins 30th birthday bash. This whole Mommy thing has really changed me. I drive differently-I act differently everything about what I am and what I do is different. Not a bad different just different. I saw a girl dancing on the bar about 21ish & said to my sister-wow that is someone's little girl (note: something I never would have said earlier in life-I would have probably joined the girl dancing on the bar). But something about seeing a girl in her 20's bartending and actin a fool made me think-wow at one point in her life she was an innocent little girl. While all 6 of us were out in Nashville drinking was no longer considered fun because I needed to get home safe and be safe the next day driving 3hrs home! WHAT IN THE WORLD!! I have grown up. Taking care of Bryan & Addison are now my biggest goals in life & I love what I do. Addison is 6mths old & changing everyday. I'd rather sit on the floor and play with her & watch her reaction to new things than go out to a bar or club. Life changes & I have loved every part of this change. Although my body did a major change-and one that I don't believe will ever be back to normal. Being Addisons Mom is such a blessing to me. I feel so lucky to have her in my life. When she wasn't with me this past weekend I felt very naked not having my little monkey attached to my side. Addison would rather stay attached to my hip than anything else. Well besides scarfing down #2 Pears all in one sitting. She loves to eat-it is her new favorite thing. But the funny thing is that she is so lady like when eating. She doesn't get her hands all in the food & she opens her mouth like a little bird to eat. She is not a fan of the green beans but loves the rice cereal-pears-and applesauce. She is teaching us so much!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the body part and its hard to adjust to that but its all worth. I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love just hanging out with Travis & Marshall doing anything. Becoming a parent is a big change but in such a good way!

    ReplyDelete